Sunday, August 19, 2007

briefly

...We're neck-deep in one of those really lovely late-summer Chapel Hill evenings, wherein the heat feels like a gentle, orange, massage and the clear sky winks an afternoon-long, golden, wink. I'm a cold-weather kind of guy, but this is nothing to sneeze at.

In other news, life is good. Piper's wounded toe is mending, the boys are, well, fuzzy, and Andi seems well.

Oh, a quick media rundown:
  • We saw Superbad today: A tiny bit uneven, but very good.
  • I was inspired by the Adobe-art-installation-revelation the other day to read The Crying of Lot 49: MUCH better than I'd expected.
  • Currently reading The Ruins: Shrug.
  • I finally beat Woman on Hard mode, thereby enabling a new foray into Guitar Hero II madness.
  • Watched Hackers, thanks to the DVR, this weekend: It made my brain-meat hurt.