Sunday, October 21, 2007

All's Fair...

Andi and I hit the State fair on Saturday with our friends Steve and Anna. It was fun, fairly people-intense, and mostly food-centric. The cows were cute, but the four-mile lines for the Ferris Wheel were not. All in all, thumbs up.

Wonder what I'm eating? In my left paw is a cup of Deep Fried Coca Cola. Yes, it really is, and it tastes like... Well, not much else that I've ever had, and I've eaten whole pickled eels, raw crawfish brains, and fresh blood sausage. In my other hand is a Deep Fried Peanut Butter-and-Jelly Sandwich. Yes, it really is, and it tastes like... Ambrosia. And I've eaten Pocky sticks and Jammy Dodgers.



The food came from this place, which will also deep fry a bologna sandwich, Twinkie, or banana pudding:









Now that is good, clean, American fun. This is a giant chicken in armor:









These were my fellow travelers: