Friday, January 11, 2008

Redacted*

The ____ at _____ went well. I think that I gave a reasonable account of my abilities and it's entirely out of my hands. All in all, it was a good experience -- nice people, a great environment -- and my fingers are crossed.

I still have a hard time believing that the local mountains are on the east side of Albuquerque, though. They really ought to move them to a more Boulder-analogous location, just for my peace of mind. I wonder if I should write a letter to the Mayor or something?

*So, we all know that the interweb provides all sorts of interesting access to information, including blogs like this one which have no membership, restricted access, or editorial purpose. One of the implications of this fact is that potential employers, current employers, bitter Halo opponents, Duke fans, and other people could easily track down -- or just stumble upon -- anything that I write here. On the one hand, I don't really care too much, but I also recognize that I should tread with at least a modicum of self-awareness. You'll notice that I try to avoid using the full names of Friends and Family (with my immediate circle being the exception), and I also want to be a little careful with things like reports about interviews that still have pending results. Both of you might be able to penetrate some of my occasional codes, as well (for example, you might know that, say, "The Newmiversity of Mex Unico" might stand for... Well, I won't ruin the fun for you if you want to puzzle that one out.)