Monday, December 31, 2007

A few sketches of the family

...I always doodle the pets on X-mas cards and whatnot, and Andi mentioned that I should make an effort to save or scan some of them. Since work is a bit on the slow side today, I've tried to recreate a couple of them to post. Of course, these seem inferior to the original, muse-inspired, masterpieces (Har!), but here you go.

Happy New Year, by the way. I keep hearing that 2007 was a "Year of Endings," which as far as I can tell, means that people are referring to the Asian astrological calendar. The Year of the Pig, you see, will be over in February, and that is the end of a 12-year cycle. It seems like it would be auspicious that be born in the next calendar year (not that we know anybody who's contemplating a premiere soon, or anything), but I have some friends (the J&J J factory) who were psyched to bring their new son in the world during this current year ("Fire Pig!") because it's particularly fortunate.

Anyhoo, it seems to me that this means 2008 will be a year of beginnings, and we're certainly looking at a number of exciting changes: New family, new careers, new state/city/zip code, etc. I'm still optimistic about it all, so nobody burst my bubble, OK? (Just kidding.)

Since I will almost certainly start playing Mass Effect as soon as I get home (great game, by the way), I probably won't post any "real" end of the year message later -- We're having company over for a New Year's Godfather Movie marathon tonight -- so, please, everybody out there take care of yourselves and each other.

On to the pictures: